I am a passionate hands-on technologist, experienced in developing scalable and reliable software as well as scaling a team of motivated engineers to accommodate customer’s demand of exciting features in the FinTech ecosystem. Familiar with all stages in the development cycle from design to continuous delivery. Fond of working in agile software development organizations and customer-oriented environments. Seeks and fosters practices of constant improvement for his team as well as for himself. Keen to put to work his excellent analytical skills, high degree of accuracy and self-reliant working style.
Recently started my journey to dive deeper into the world of DeFi and Web3 to help building the financial infrastructure of the future.
Fincloud Software GmbH, Vienna
Founder (Nov 2021 - Present)
- Consulting services
- Web3 Hackathons and Conferences around:
- Account Abstraction
- TradFi/Web3 solutions
- DVT (Distributed Validator Technology)
- Running an ETH Validator on Rocketpool (https://beaconcha.in/validator/947141)
BUX BV, Amsterdam
Engineering Team Lead/Software Architect (Nov 2019 - May 2023)
- Scaled an agile small team of 4 to a team of 12 highly motivated engineers
- Led the technical design and implementation of new features, such as enabling to trade crypto-assets
- Implemented a security policy for the core of the trading product
- Provided architectural guidance across all engineering teams
BUX BV, Amsterdam
Senior Backend Developer (Oct 2018 - Oct 2019)
- Defining software processes for the core trading platform
- Software design and architecture of the core platform
- Successful launch of a stable and reliable trading platform based on Kafka and CQRS
- Introduction of US Stocks
Automic GmbH, acquired by CA, Vienna
Sr. Software Engineer (May 2017 - Sep 2018)
- Integration of a highly scalable complex event processing framework into a workload automation platform.
- Lead and drive discussions affecting the component’s architecture and its interfaces to other technical components.
EBCONT Enterprise Technologies GmbH, Vienna
IT Senior Consultant (Jan 2015 - May 2017)
- Reduced backend latency to 25% by introducing consistent distributed second level caching in a SaaS application for presentation editing for Red Bull.
- Improved user experience by migrating the search functionality for a Red Bull web portal for more than 700 universities from Apache Solr to Elastic Search.
- Advised AEP, an Ohio-based power supplier, on optimizing their solution for monitoring power outages of 130,000 customers.
Automic (formerly UC4) GmbH, Vienna
Software Engineer (Oct 2010 - Dec 2014)
- Led the transformation from a monolithic to a highly scalable architecture for a SaaS analytics product for Automic’s job scheduling engine.
- Supported the closing of a million-dollar deal by adding new features to a legacy Complex Event Processing engine.
- Drastically increased product value for the post-acquisition customer base by integrating a .NET-based Complex Event Processing engine with existing Java-based enterprise architecture.
- Developed and conducted technical trainings for pre-sales and customer service teams located in Vienna and Seattle, WA.
Senactive GmbH, Vienna
Developer (part time) (Nov 2005 - Sep 2009)
- Published the findings of a proof of concept implementation for a Complex Event Processing based recommender system in a peer-reviewed conference paper.
- Continuously improved the quality by writing integration and black-box tests for a distributed Complex Event Processing engine.
- CQRS Rust
A CQRS framework written in Rust.
- MSc in Medical Informatics Vienna University of Technology 2009 - 2011
- BSc in Medical Informatics Vienna University of Technology 2005 - 2008
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance) 2015
- German (Native)
- English (Professional)
- Finance, Cryptoassets and DeFi
- Prague DeFi Summit & ETH Prague 2023
- ETH Global Paris Hackathon 2023
- ETH Warsaw Hackathon 2023
- DAppCon Berlin & Protocolberg 2023
- ETH Global Istanbul Hackathon 2023 (upcoming)
Publications (peer reviewed)
- P. Limbeck, W. G. Kropatsch, Y. Haxhimusa Semi-automatic tracking of markers in facial palsy. Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition Tsukuba, Japan, 2012
- P. Limbeck, M. Suntinger, J. Schiefer SARI OpenRec - Empowering Recommendation Systems with Business Events. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Databases, Knowledge and Data Applications Les Menuires, France, 2010
- M. Suntinger, H. Obweger, J. Schiefer, P. Limbeck, G. R. Raidl. Trend-Based Similarity Search in Time-Series Data. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Databases, Knowledge and Data Applications Les Menuires, France, 2010
- P. Limbeck, J. Schiefer. Solution Architecture for Visitor Segmentation and Recommendation Generation in Real Time. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Electronic Commerce and Web Technologies Turin, Italy, 2008)_